Lake Macquarie City is blessed with an abundance of natural beauty. Nature- based tourism, from beach, to lake, to forest, is supported by a range of high-quality accommodation, food and entertainment options.
The growing demand for tourism infrastructure makes the City an ideal location for tourism-based investment, as well as opportunities for growth in events and visitor services.
The city’s natural assets include:
- Lake Macquarie – the largest saltwater lake in the Southern Hemisphere
- Watagan National Park – a bushwalker’s haven
- Beaches, rocky points and cliff tops – along the majestic eastern coastline of NSW
- Numerous creeks, estuaries, outcrops and beaches – tailor-made for fishing adventures
- Multiple State Parks – offering diverse camping and bushwalking alternatives