Dantia recently joined more than 500 people across regional NSW in the Regional Housing Taskforce virtual roadshow and shared ideas as to how the NSW Government can unlock much-needed housing in regional communities.
The NSW Regional Housing Taskforce has released the first of two reports on the critical issue of how the planning system can address housing needs and stimulate supply in our regions.
The key issues raised in this findings report are:
- Greater prioritisation on the coordination and delivery of infrastructure to support new homes;
- A need for collaboration between all levels of Government, the housing development industry and the community to develop the right type of housing where people need it;
- Calls to speed up planning processes and reduce duplication, particularly where opportunities to provide housing are time-critical; and
- Demand for more affordable and diverse housing in line with changing demographics, jobs growth, natural disasters, and migration trends.
- The second report including recommendations to the Government is due in October 2021.